Dyson V6 and DC series vacuum cleaner battery and filter removal tutorial
Time: 2022-03-24 Reads: 3200 Edit: Admin
Although Dyson vacuum cleaners have been launching new models, it is believed that many families have purchased V6 or DC series in the early years. My family‘s DC62 was bought at the beginning of 2016 when V6 launched a new model and the price of the DC series was reduced.
At the beginning, the usual maintenance was limited to taking down the filter cartridge and following the official instructions to rinse it with water. Later, a friend told me one day, take the machine apart, you will know how much ash is accumulated in it, which will affect the use effect. So in May of 2017, I dismantled the main unit for the first time. There was no specific tutorial. I was really sweating (but the disassembly and anatomical surgery can probably be interoperable). to) is well assembled and functional.
Netizens unanimously asked me to do a disassembly tutorial, so this time I will start with the simplest cotton filter cartridge.
Friendly reminder: If disassembling the machine without permission will affect the warranty, please consult Dyson customer service
1. Pull out the filter cartridge, you can see that there are 3 bayonets in the top circle. Use a small flat-blade screwdriver to lift out 2 bayonets, and the third one can be pulled out by hand.
2. Pull out the plastic bracket, you can see the hair and dust inside.
3. Please use detergent and a soft toothbrush to scrub the inside of the filter cartridge, dry it thoroughly and then reinstall it.
As we all know, the battery life of Dyson‘s old models is really a sigh, and it will stop working in minutes with the MAX gear. Smart Chinese people have launched compatible batteries, and there are many on a certain treasure.
In fact, I didn‘t plan to change the battery originally, but in April this year my Dyson suddenly stopped charging. In order to rule out the problem of the battery or the charger, remove the battery, find a friend‘s same charger and battery for cross-testing, and finally confirm that the charger is broken. In line with the principle of "whatever needs to be replaced anyway, let‘s replace it together", I bought a new battery at the same time.
1. Push the handle switch to the end to remove the dust collector, and you can see two bayonets on the left and right at the top of the handle. Use a small flathead screwdriver to insert one on the side.
2. In the top view, there are 2 screwdrivers crossed. Press it in at the same time, and the cyclone is separated from the main engine motor.
If you think it is troublesome to use a small screwdriver (or not), you can search for "Dyson cyclone disassembly tool" on a treasure, 10 yuan each.
3. There will be a little dust on the motor mouth. Use a cotton swab to wipe it with water. Remember that water cannot enter the motor.
4. There are 2 screws in the front and back of the handle, you can use a flat or cross screwdriver. After removing the screw, pull the battery down and pull it out. After replacing the battery, tighten the screws. And the cyclone and the host only need to align the position with a card and go in.
Seeing this, everyone must have a question. You can remove the screws and replace the battery directly by removing the dust collector. Why do you need to remove the motor? The main reason is that the power button is relatively loose and is easy to be pressed or touched by mistake. If your internal parts are not clean, the machine is easy to be dusty when it runs. To be on the safe side, separate the motor first! (unless you‘re careful enough or already scrubbed clean)
The picture above is the original Dyson battery, about 2700 mAh. The picture below is a compatible battery, 5500mAh.
Use down the difference:
1. The size of the compatible battery is a little larger than the original connection part, and the disassembly and assembly force is slightly larger.
2. The original low battery will not work immediately, and the compatible short-term work as usual, but the switch will stop working if the switch is pressed for a long time.
Of course, the extension of battery life is immediate, and the MAX file can be used casually.
Dyson Vacuums Compatible Batteries
Dyson Vacuums Compatible Batteries
If someone asks, can the air outlet mask behind the motor be removed? I think of course it can. However, there is a relatively large bayonet inside the handle, and the position of the bayonet inside the air outlet is not clear. I am afraid that the bayonet will be broken by hard dismantling or the surface of the host will be severely worn. After all, it will not affect the use.